Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas and more


This is what missions is all about! Raising up Cambodians to reach out to other Cambodians. 8 weeks back I challenged our youth to share their testimonies during our Christmas event. I told them that I could get up on that stage like I have before and share about what God has done in my life but if they would take a step of faith and share themselves their impact would be far greater than mine because the people who are coming to the Christmas event are your people. 5 of our youth stood up and boldly shared what God has done in their lives. Praise God!During the Christmas event we played lots of games. This particular game you had to pass a piece of paper around the circle not using your hands.Each of the ministry leaders needed to prepare a game for the Christmas event. My game was a race to see who could finish their baby bottle first. hahaThis picture was taken just as they found out what they had to do.....:)I cannot express how proud I was of our youth this year. 8 weeks prior to Christmas we started preparing a drama & song to show during the Christmas event. They all worked so hard and made Christmas so beautiful. So everyone who helped with preparing the Christmas event got a "I love Cambodia" T-shirt.
After games, sermons, testimonies, songs and more games who had dinner together.No, she is not smelling her armpit. My wife & I decided to give mom & dad their gift during the Christmas event. Each person that came up on stage to receive a gift had to earn it by doing something embarrassing. I told dad he had to kiss mom infront of everyone (very difficult for timid Cambodians) So this is mom wiping of the slobber. ;)
This is the night before the Christmas event. Virgina (who was a major help in preparing and organizing the drama!) and I got pizza, pop and cake for all the youth who worked so hard to prepare the drama.This was YWAM UofN's Christmas party. We drew names out of a hat that related to Jesus' birth and then had to act them out without speaking. Can you guess who I was?This will be the last picture of our Introduction class....because they next pics you see will be level 1!!! Please do continue to be praying for our students, especially that their hearts are open to Jesus and their minds rapidly comprehend English.

No comments: