Monday, May 2, 2011

Khemi New Year and more

These two pictures are of my wife and I translating for the medical mission's team

It was so amazing to have the Holy Spirit working through me.

For the Cambodian New Year we had a big "Pot luck" lunch. My wife made spaghetti and the Cambodians loved it.

The short-term medical mission's team attended the pot luck.

Mmm, Fooood.

My wife and her brother leading worship on Sunday. Hillsong in Khemi sounds sooo cool.

These are the students who regularly attend youth group on Saturday.

During the Cambodian New Year the Cambodians love to play games. One of those games you can see in this picture. You have a bowl of flour with candies in it. then two people need to blow all the flour out before they can have the candies. In the end both people end up covered in flour.

These two pictures are of another game. In this game the students make a circle to contain two people in. then both people are blind folded and one tries to catch the other. The person running has a spoon and a bowl and he hits it as he is running away. Notice in the picture how the students are looking outside of the circle.....they did not contain me and I ran straight into the wall...ouch!



A lot of Cambodian New Year games involve pain...I am not sure why. This is like "evil duck duck goose". The goose chases the duck hitting him with a towl until the duck sits down.

One Sunday my wife and I invited all our conversation level students over to our house for food and games. They really liked playing Sequence (Thanks Jon & Christina!).























No comments: